Friday, March 28, 2008

virtualPhotographer by optikVerve Labs

I was browsing around on the interwebs recently looking for some good plug-ins for Photoshop CS3 when I stumbled upon a really great set of plug-ins from optikVerve labs. Their tool is called virtualPhotographer and it is a great plug-in that allows you to apply a variety of effects to your photographs with just a few clicks. Some of the filters include film grain, soft blur, night scope, b/w, etc. Here is a photo I took of my wife playing Rock Band. The original image is on the left. I applied the soft blur filter to the photo on the right.

009009_cs

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The set includes over 50 custom styles. The best part about these plug-ins? They are completely free and from what I can tell there are no strings attached. I have installed them on my Vista machine in Photoshop CS3 and I haven't had any issues. I can't say this for some of the other "free" plug-ins I've tried which have ended up crashing Photoshop on me.

You can download these great free plug-ins here:

vPLogoSmall

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

No comments: